Previous Entry Share Next Entry
First of all, I want to send a BIG THANK YOU to everyone's well wishes, thoughts and prayers. They mean so much to me and my family!  You are all very special and wonderful people.

I left work Thursday, picked Ivy up and headed over (1 hr drive) to meet the family. Lots of people I should have expected, but didn't, were there. I was very happy to see them all. Seems like a family reunion these days revolves around a funeral. We sat around by the pool talking about life these days, past memories, ect... waiting for everyone else to show up, met with the preacher to talk about Mamaw and then went to a buffet style supper. It was wonderful!

Friday morning we got up early and headed over for the funeral. Lunch time was fried chicken, potato and macaroni salad, chips and rolls. We had enough to feed the 2 hotel clerks and their 3 cleaning maids. Lol They loved it! Then we all went out to the pool and sat around visiting again for the afternoon. Ivy stayed there that night with Nanny (My grand-mother) and Aunt Charlie. I went with my brother Chris over to Aunt Theresa's. We got on the net and had a good ole' time watching funny videos and chatting. He's 19 and I only feel about 22, despite being 31 so we get along really well and enjoy a lot of the same things. Deb says he and I are more alike than anything she's ever seen. Lol (She's our biological mother. I was adopted before he was born so I don't call her Mom.)

Saturday we got up, had breakfast and drove over to Dad's house to swim and have blackened steaks for dinner. It was absolutely devine!! Dad's an awesome chef. I was only planning on spending that 1 night with everyone but decided to spend another since we don't get to talk or visit near as much as I would like. I took Ivy with me to Aunt Theresa's that night and we still all had a blast. The only problem I had was the cigarette smoke in the house. It made my throat sore for 2 days after we left. ugh =(

So we got up Sunday morning and went to the hotel for breakfast. It was sad seeing everyone go. I'm still not ready to be back at work, even though I've been here 4 days already.

On a side note, I think Dad's finally letting go of the past. I haven't explained it yet, but my Dad adopted me. Biologically he's my uncle. I've lived with him since I was 7 and he's always been the dominate male figure in my life so making the conversion from Uncle John to Dad was really easy for me. Deb made her mistakes. A lot of us forgave her and moved on; others, such as Dad, didn't. He spoke to her briefly 1 1/2 years ago at Papa Dan's (Great-grandfather) funeral but nothing else. She wasn't invited over to his house when everyone else was. It was good to see them talking and laughing together again. That's not to say that we'll forget what happened and completely trust her with everything, but it's hard to live holding grudges in life. We're just more careful about situations.

This week at work has been terribly slow. Dad had us take more pictures of our office building to try to get it sold. It's been on the market for years now though. On a good note, Sissy's baby is doing great! They let him go home Tuesday. He was 6 lbs 14 ounces and 19 inches at birth. Welcome to the world Baby Garrett Lee!!!

I hope you all are doing well and having a wonderful day.



Log in

No account? Create an account